new gateways single is on youtube!

amazing stuff

dimmu is back!

Views: 347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like theyr back in the sadle! :)
But the female vocals are terrible! 8/10
The female vocals sound terrible. And the riffs and the atmosphere are quite similar to those on their previous albums (try listening to Kings Of The Carnival Creation). The new drummer is cool though.

Unfortunately, Gaute Storaas composed orchestration instead of Mustis. What a shame.
i agree, woman vocals are too screechy and annoying for me, but i love the orchestration and choir in the background, hopefully they use the choir more in their songs. Vinushka!?!? just listen to it more, after i kept listening to it.. i kept liking it more and more.

Keman said:
The female vocals sound terrible. And the riffs and the atmosphere are quite similar to those on their previous albums (try listening to Kings Of The Carnival Creation). The new drummer is cool though.

Unfortunately, Gaute Storaas composed orchestration instead of Mustis. What a shame.
Honestly, I thought this was quite mediocre. Better than the last album, though to be fair the last album was dire so it's not saying much. The orchestrations are better executed, but the orchestra is far too loud in the mix (although I'm willing to bet that's to disguise the fact that there's very little going on in the guitar department). Just sounds like generic newer-era Dimmu with the addition of annoying female vocals to me. So much for reinventing themselves with this album. Also seems like Shagrath can't bothered with his vocals anymore - he just seems to be speaking them half of the time.
Wow, Nuclear Blast just made youtube delete my video and so along with all the other ones that were up... If i do it again, my account gets deleted/suspended. Well, at least i put it on my itunes when i had the chance! :D
It was alright, sounded better with my earphones on..
However Shagrath needs to get rid of that stupid robotic BS voice.

http://www.metal-archives.com/

perfect reviews for the track ^^^^
"Gateways" isn't a bad track. The orchestra is good. I'm not too crazy about the female vocals though. At one point she sounds like a cackling witch!
I like the female vocals. It's probably the best part of the track even tho I quite like it all. Not best Dimmu but then again can't compare it to old ones.
i like the ending from "forevermore" till end
Absolutely... however the last two minutes of the song are great.

Phalanx Titan said:
Honestly, I thought this was quite mediocre. Better than the last album, though to be fair the last album was dire so it's not saying much. The orchestrations are better executed, but the orchestra is far too loud in the mix (although I'm willing to bet that's to disguise the fact that there's very little going on in the guitar department). Just sounds like generic newer-era Dimmu with the addition of annoying female vocals to me. So much for reinventing themselves with this album. Also seems like Shagrath can't bothered with his vocals anymore - he just seems to be speaking them half of the time.
Hell yeah! Those ones made my day.

Electronegative said:
It was alright, sounded better with my earphones on..
However Shagrath needs to get rid of that stupid robotic BS voice.

http://www.metal-archives.com/

perfect reviews for the track ^^^^
Well...I have to say I guess I was kinda going along with all the hating crap, but I actually think this track is EPIC like cinematic its awesome. I guess I be going on a Dimmu listening spree for this album...

However this is still really cheesy LOLOLOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9cqKafnUrk

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ADMIN.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service