Greetings all,

Check out this vid I found on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa4rBs8z_DQ

Can anyone explain why Damien calls himself 'Greg"?

Also, is anyone familiar with these solo instrumental albums that he mentions doing before he joined Cradle? I wouldn't mind checking them out, since I think Damien was Cradles best keyboardist.

Regards

ST

Views: 877

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I also think Damien was the best keyboardist for Cradle.

I dont know where to find the solo instrumental albums.

His full name is Damien Gregori.
Ereshkigals slave said:
I also think Damien was the best keyboardist for Cradle.

I dont know where to find the solo instrumental albums.

His full name is Damien Gregori.

I knew his surname, but still, you'd think he would call himself Damien??

Maybe he said he was Greg because that's what the lady called him, and he didn't want to make her look silly by getting his name wrong, so he just went along with it....???
Damien Gregori is his stage name. His real name is Greg Moffitt.

His instrumental solo work went under the name Century's End and he recorded 3 albums under that name but only one seems to surface on ebay these days. It's not really the sort of stuff your average COF fan would be into, it's pretty much just electronic synth music.

There's one of the albums on ebay at the moment: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CENTURYS-END-SEARCH-CD-CRADLE-OF-FILTH-ELECTR...
Yeah, Stuart's solo album is called Aphelion I -IV. It's an electronica album, no metal at all.

Jared Demeter was just a made up name/person to keep the band looking like a 6 piece band in the Vempire booklet, Stuart did all the guitars on Vempire and Dusk... Gian didn't join until after Dusk... had been recorded. Also, Damien didn't actually play the keyboards on Vempire, it was the studio engineer Keith Appleton.

Stuart has just finished recording an album with a metal band consisting of a few old friends from his youth, he also works with a few local bands on various levels. He keeps himself to himself these days, which is understandable as he is not a fan of the typical rockstar image.

EpicureAnne said:
I found on ebay a while ago that Stuart has an instrumental album also. (I think)
I don't remember what it's called. And I found something when I was looking up more info on the line ups. A resource said Jared Demeter wasn't real. And that he was Stuart? o_O

J-F said:
Damien Gregori is his stage name. His real name is Greg Moffitt.
His instrumental solo work went under the name Century's End and he recorded 3 albums under that name but only one seems to surface on ebay these days. It's not really the sort of stuff your average COF fan would be into, it's pretty much just electronic synth music. There's one of the albums on ebay at the moment: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CENTURYS-END-SEARCH-CD-CRADLE-OF-FILTH-ELECTR...
Well I know one of them personally and have spoken to a few of the others on many occasions. Gian openly said that he didn't play on Dusk... He was in the pictures in Dusk for the same reason 'Jared' was in Vempire, to make the band appear more complete. They even went to the trouble of editing out departed members faces on 'From The Cradle to Enslave' in order to conserve the 6 piece image. I don't really know the reason for doing it, maybe Dani was being OCD about numbers? haha.

EpicureAnne said:
You seem to know quite a bit about the band, and the 'old' members. And I don't understand, Gian's picture is in the Dusk booklet.... It's actually really funny that there is a 'fake' person just so it could have been a band of 'six'! What's the significance or importance of that
Sarah stated that Stuart didn't write anything until Cruelty..
Sarah also hates Stuart and will happily slander his name at any chance. He wrote Cruelty and The Beast and wrote quite a few songs for Dusk... and Vempire as well as FTCTE E.P.. He also transformed what were rather amature sounding songs written by the old lineup for Dusk... into professional sounding songs for the proper recordings. He may not have written a certain ammount of songs from the early days but it is safe to say he certainly took the band from average to greatness with his playing, writing and arrangements. Any idiot can see how poor the guitar writing skills have been since Stuart left, Midian was ok because Gian wrote it but everything after that has been seriously lacking in great riffs.

Don't start going on about Godspeed being great... it was an average album that was made to look great by how poor the two albums before it were.

Darkness Incarnate said:
The only thing he wrote on Dusk was Malice Through the Looking Glass. And to add to that, he took out the solo on A Gothic Romance. The riffs on Cruelty weren't that great, he mostly just followed what Damien did.

J-F said:
Sarah also hates Stuart and will happily slander his name at any chance. He wrote Cruelty and The Beast and wrote quite a few songs for Dusk... and Vempire as well as FTCTE E.P.. He also transformed what were rather amature sounding songs written by the old lineup for Dusk... into professional sounding songs for the proper recordings. He may not have written a certain ammount of songs from the early days but it is safe to say he certainly took the band from average to greatness with his playing, writing and arrangements. Any idiot can see how poor the guitar writing skills have been since Stuart left, Midian was ok because Gian wrote it but everything after that has been seriously lacking in great riffs.

Don't start going on about Godspeed being great... it was an average album that was made to look great by how poor the two albums before it were.

Darkness Incarnate said:
Not true at all. Everything about your comment shows how uninformed you are.

Followed what Damien did? Damien didn't even play on Cruelty and the Beast for a start. The riffs on C.A.T.B. are fantastic and extremely well written, the lead melodies are some of the most memorable and well loved in Cradle's existance! Anything the keyboards did was written in line with the guitars, the guitars did not just merely follow the keyboards, you clearly have no understanding of composition and structure of songs, if you did then you would easily realise that C.A.T.B is an album heavily based around guitar structures.

If you think that musicians only write music for the instrument they play then you have some harsh realities to come to terms with. Just because you hear someone playing something on a keyboard it doesn't mean that it was the keyboard player who wrote that keyboard part!

Ciraxos said:
The only thing he wrote on Dusk was Malice Through the Looking Glass. And to add to that, he took out the solo on A Gothic Romance. The riffs on Cruelty weren't that great, he mostly just followed what Damien did.
Awesome info, J-F, and very interesting! Thanks!
I see somebody is getting angry.

When I said 'Damien' It was simply a typo. And the whole thing about musicians writing stuff for whatever you said, I know about all of that. I've played in many bands on many different instruments, so I know how all of that works. Guitar oriented? There are times when I can barely even hear it.

None of that is the point though. What I am trying to say is that Cruely is a very overrated album, Stuart isn't that great of a songwriter/guitarist and he isn't that great of a bandmate. He said so himself that he had another album's worth of material that he didn't show to the guys.

I don't see what's so great about him. Sure, there were a few great songs there, but they certainly don't outweigh the others.

J-F said:

Followed what Damien did? Damien didn't even play on Cruelty and the Beast for a start. The riffs on C.A.T.B. are fantastic and extremely well written, the lead melodies are some of the most memorable and well loved in Cradle's existance! Anything the keyboards did was written in line with the guitars, the guitars did not just merely follow the keyboards, you clearly have no understanding of composition and structure of songs, if you did then you would easily realise that C.A.T.B is an album heavily based around guitar structures.

If you think that musicians only write music for the instrument they play then you have some harsh realities to come to terms with. Just because you hear someone playing something on a keyboard it doesn't mean that it was the keyboard player who wrote that keyboard part!

Ciraxos said:
Paul Ryan <3
Is the one who started their fame and egotistical nature.

Ciraxos said:
I see somebody is getting angry.

When I said 'Damien' It was simply a typo. And the whole thing about musicians writing stuff for whatever you said, I know about all of that. I've played in many bands on many different instruments, so I know how all of that works. Guitar oriented? There are times when I can barely even hear it.

None of that is the point though. What I am trying to say is that Cruely is a very overrated album, Stuart isn't that great of a songwriter/guitarist and he isn't that great of a bandmate. He said so himself that he had another album's worth of material that he didn't show to the guys.

I don't see what's so great about him. Sure, there were a few great songs there, but they certainly don't outweigh the others.

J-F said:

Ciraxos said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ADMIN.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service